A lunch was held on Saturday 13th April in the Carriage House in memory of Darren Hack to help raise funds for Marie Curie.
The lunch was a huge success and the amazing amount of £1,310 was raised to help support the invaluable work of Marie Curie. Margaret and Avril were delighted with all the support they received which enabled their lunch to be such a success. They would like to thank all their wonderful helpers who gave up their time, rolled up their sleeves and worked very hard. They could not have managed without them.
They would also like to thank everyone for their kind donations which helped raise so much money. They hope that everyone who came along on the day enjoyed their lunch and cakes and wish to thank them very much for their support.
The team of helpers were- Doris Jaworska and her son Paul, Jane Rae, Elma Forrest, Alwynne Cowan, Susan Brunton and her daughters Fraya and Kirstin, Fran Dougherty, Emma Hack and her daughter Aimee, Gary Cairns, Catherine Beveridge, Sharon Large, Pat and Charlie Slight (all the way from Canada).
Donations were given from:
- Mari Ewart from the Village shop (rolls)
- Kaz Anderson (crafts)
- Emma Hack and Gilly Sprott (hair clips and brooches)
- Marion Sinclair (doll for the raffle)
- Erin Dougherty (chocolate house)
- The Local Community Shop in Ormiston (fruit basket)
- Mrs Spence and her friends from Inverness (knitting)
- Plus the army of fantastic cake makers