Town Centre Presence
- Our office is based in the Be Green shop in the centre of Dunbar. We have been able to use the shop window for displays and the shop itself to provide resources and advice on sustainable travel, particularly bus and train timetables, leaflets and maps.
- We now have a reputation as the place to obtain information; since the project began local residents now to come into the shop to get information and also pass on their views and comments about travel in the Dunbar area.
- We have also supplied local shops with dispensers, travel leaflets and timetables, including the local council office and tourist information board, and have built up a good working relationship with both.
- Opened a drop-in shop on the High Street during Dunbar’s Civic Week, providing travel information and advice and giving an opportunity for local people to complete travel surveys and give their views on travel in and around the Dunbar area.
- Installed a community noticeboard in a prominent position at Dunbar train station where we can promote our work, and that of other local groups.