Transport, in all its forms, is a major concern. Crossing the A1 safely, joining up or developing cycle paths that connect communities around Dunbar, making it safer for cyclists in general – these are some of things you say concern you at the moment. You’d also like improvements in the street environment: making it friendlier and safer for pedestrians and cyclists.
You’d like to catch a bus outside Dunbar station and you need a station at East Linton as well. You’d like later trains and a bus service that goes to places you have to go, such as Edinburgh Royal Infirmary. But you also find public transport in general is expensive as well as poorly integrated. That’s why you want better info, more flexibility in fares and family prices too.
Sign up to the Household Canny Challenge and you will get practical support to:
- assess your transport needs and find ways of make it easier for you and your family to walk, cycle and use public transport for more of your journeys
- work with your neighbours to make your street safer and more attractive
- get trained up in bike maintenance and join a bike buddy scheme
- make it easier for you to connect with what is going on in your area.
- access the support of our Sustainable Transport Team….and more