Figure 8 This 1929 image shows the grandeur of the drive to the Priory

Figure 8: Oblique aerial Dated 30/5/1929 Collection Aerofilms Catalogue Number SC 1315464 (Canmore) shows the Post Office still in its original form, with numerous buildings at the back. The site of today’s Abbeylands car park is open garden, and clearly this is the main entrance to The Priory. This image appears to contradict McWilliam’s idea that the cottage is part of the post office development.

By @ourlocality

Publishing Locally in East Lothian since 2010