Apply for listed building consent

From the HES Website:

Find out how to apply for listed building consent, and about applying to your planning authority for planning permission and listed building consent.

You must apply to your planning authority for listed building consent. You may be able to apply online or you can ask for a copy of the relevant form. Check your planning authority’s website for details.

Conservation area consent controls the demolition of unlisted buildings in conservation areas. The consent process is similar to the listed building consent process. Your planning authority can advise.

You may need to apply for planning permission as well as listed building consent. Again, your planning authority can advise you.

There is no listed building consent application fee (but there is usually a charge to apply for planning permission).

Planning authorities will usually process at the same time applications received for listed building consent and planning permission for the same property.

Find out about listing and development.