To develop a positive vision map and action plan for building a zero-carbon, locally resilient economy which is able to withstand external shocks –from the global economy, extreme weather events, disruptions to fossil fuel supplies….
- To help us all understand the necessity of the aim
- To involve as wide a range of the local population as possible
- To try to understand what needs to be done to become independent of fossil fuels
- To try to understand what needs to be done to make the local economy more resilient
- To try to develop our understanding of what is possible
- To try to understand what is important to people for a positive picture of the future
- To support the positive activities which are happening now
- To try to understand why and how our local area came to be the way it is and how it has changed over time
- To understand what indicators we need to use to monitor and measure change – carbon emissions, ecological footprint, resilience……..
- To meet the aim within time and budget