The new Timetables mean that there is no direct bus service available to Macmerry, Tranent, and Musselburgh from Dunbar between 9am to 6pm.
All Dunbar, West Barns, and East Linton Commuters who want to use bus service to go to Macmerry, Tranent, or Musselburgh need to change bus at Haddington and catch X44 or 44 serive from Haddington.
It’s really encouraging that so many local people in rural East Lothian have shown an interest in being a part of RELBUS. We now have 25 members.
Some major changes are planned for public transport in East Lothian which involve cutting some services and introducing new services but at the moment overall picture is not clear. We are trying to collect information from different sources. We know:
- First bus is cutting X8 service
- X6 will not serve Hallhill any more
- Eve’s Coaches are planning to launch new buses
- It is not yet clear whether the Gabalanzie and A1 services will stop or be modified
- Sestran is (still) planning to introduce Real Time Bus Information at East Lothian
East Lothian Council have defined their supported services and put these out to tender. These returns will be assessed and discussed with East Lothian Council’s administration.
First SouthEast have confirmed that from 10 January 2010 they will be making extensive changes to their bus services around Dunbar including-
- The current service X8 will be renumbered as X44 but will terminate at Haddington and will no longer serve Dunbar
- The current service X6 will be renumbered as X45 and will no longer serve the Hallhill area
See full list of changes in SouthEast Scotland, or for new timetables see the First website from next week.